Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A long overdue update

I guess I've put off writing this long enough.

Unfortunately most of you probably have noticed the lack of progress made on Enigma.  I promise you that was not intentional and I am greatly sad to inform you all that, due to computer difficulties, Enigma has been lost.

Uhm, how do I begin to explain what happened?

A couple of months ago my computer became the only one that worked in the house.  Of course I had no problems sharing it with the other members of my family but, because of the intensified workload it was experiencing, my computer began glitching out.  My mother set out to discover the problem and I left for work.  I completely forgot to ask her to backup my files if it became necessary and paid the price.  Dearly.  Unfortunately there was nothing to be done with my computer other than restore it factory settings.  And that meant the lost of Enigma.

Now, there is some good news in all of this.  There is an older version of this story that has been backed up.  I have yet to actually look at it so I have no clue what I would be looking at as far as the editing of it and the status of its completion.

I guess what I am trying to say is that Enigma has been placed on a permanent hiatus until further notice.  I can't promise that I will ever work up the motivation to revisit it.  I'm overwhelmed at the thought of how much work is still needed on a draft that is still in it's infancy.  But, rest assured that this does not mean the permanent death of Enigma and those characters.  I still care about the story a great deal and want to, one day, continue writing it and, hopefully, finish it.  For now, however, I must move on.

And I have.

For quite sometime I've been drafting an outline of a story that popped into my head one day.  Since the beginning of the outline so much has changed and I am thrilled to announce this new project here!  As of right now I have yet to decide on a name and the details are still a bit fuzzy.  However, I can tell you that I plan on this story being a three part series that involves a lot of drama.  So, buckle up!

I plan on starting the first book sometime this week but I cannot say how consistently I will be uploading chapters to figment.  On Monday I start a new job and my schedule becomes even more hectic than it already is.  For now, though, I can promise the first chapter by the end of this week.

Thanks again to all my lovely followers and your continued support.

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment