Monday, April 22, 2013

Changes, changes, changes

Goodness me it's been a while since I've written on this thing!  After Nano I took a little hiatus from writing in Secrets merely for creative purposes.  Half a year later I'm back typing away!

In case you're wondering, yes Secrets is a finished story that I am currently revamping.

After a quick read through I discovered that there was need for a face-lift.  First thing on my list: a new ending.  Once that was written it opened the door for the development of a whole series!  Now I am more than half-way done with mapping that out and have a general idea what direction I'm going in.  Secondly, I changed the books name.  I wanted something stronger than just Secrets.  So, now, the series is called The Enigma Trilogy and the first book goes by The Game of Shadows.  If you've read the story all the way through you'll know the significance of this title.  :)

And, for one final bombshell, I was inspired to modernize the story.  With this comes a whole new take on my original manuscript.  Every single one of my characters have shifted and morphed into something I could never have imagined.  The cast is stronger than ever and I have renewed vision.  Names have changed as have the setting.

I promise to give more details later but now I'll leave you with a list of changed names and roles.

Eliza - Lavender's tutor
Patrick to Ralerin - same role
Hadley to Patrick - same
Olivia - Lavender's companion/hand-maid
Charlotte - deceased
Autumn - deleted

No comments:

Post a Comment